Saturday, November 22, 2008

Musings about pieces.....

Normally, I am a girl who prefers to wear a standard size necklace. Long ones dangle down and tend to hang in my way, especially given my work. But I love this one. It is simple, in construction and design. I can just slip it over my neck and go.
This one was so much fun! Each little black square was a different rainbow of colors. There was no setting a pattern to them. I just used black as my accent to pick up the only repeated scheme in the squares and grabbed what came to my hand otherwise. I love to work with glass beads. I think because they are not mass produced, each one is a little different. Helps me to get past that part of my brain that thinks everything has to be the same to look right. I didn't even get to keep this one long...it sold the first day. But now I get the enjoyment of seeing her wear it and know she thinks it is as much fun as I do.
I love beads that look and feel organic. These wood beads come in all shapes and sizes and can be paired with anything. I love how I can use black, gold or silver tones or color and they all go well. So versatile! These are generally popular pieces for me. I don't know if it is because it is fall now and the colors work or if people feel as drawn to them as I do.


Let me know what all of you think!

No comments: